Ley Hunters' Moot September 2014
Early bookings are vital so that we can hire a bus and driver. Help secure your seat by registering for this Moot now. Send £20 (cheque payable to L.Main) to:
- Laurence Main
- 9 Mawddwy Cottages
- Dinas Mawddwy
- SY20 9LW
- Tel: +44 (0)1650 531354
Please print your name and address.
Come prepared for walking! Come and enjoy the company of fellow ley hunters.
Assemble at Sandown railway station on the Isle of Wight at 6pm on Thursdays 11th September 2014. Depart on Thursday 18th September.
Send your £20 registration fee now. Book and pay for your own travel to and from the Isle of Wight and also for you accommodation on the Isle of Wight. When we know the cost of our bus and driver for our tours you will be asked to pay your fair share. You will also need money for entrance fees and £30 to pay Caroline Hoare and Gary Biltcliffe for the three days when they will be our guides. There will be no charge for the guided walks/tours led by Laurence Main on Mon 15th - Wed 17th September.
- Friday 12th - North Coast walking tour of the Belinus Line.
- Saturday 13th - Brading and Binbridge Isle, driving tour with shared cars or minibus.
- Sunday 14th - Sandown, Knighton Gorges and Gatcombe, driving tour with shared cars or minibus.
- Monday 15th - Walk led by Laurence Main, details will be in the Network of Leyhunters Newsletter no. 12: 1st August 2014 (Lughnasadh).
- Tuesday 16th - Walk led by Laurence Main, details will be in the Network of Leyhunters Newsletter no. 12: 1st August 2014 (Lughnasadh).
- Wednesday 17th - Walk led by Laurence Main, details will be in the Network of Leyhunters Newsletter no. 12: 1st August 2014 (Lughnasadh).
Please com prepared to walk in the countryside. O.S. Explorer Map OL29 will be essential.
Campers are strongly advised to book now at the Camping and Caravanning Club site at Adgestone (tel. 0845 130 7633). This is at grid reference SZ590856. There are B&Bs, flats, chalets and hotels in Sandown and nearby (Shanklin, Lake).
Any profit made on Moots is used to improve the Newsletter (add colour) and to reach new people through advertising the Network. Moots are a good way to meet other ley hunters as well as to explore the living landscape with expert guides.